The next meeting of Wake EITC Coalition partners will be Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at Fiscal Progress.
This will be a planning session for the upcoming tax season. We will have updates on fundraising efforts, including a grant award and outstanding grant applications.
Focuses for this upcoming year include:
- Increased volunteer recruitment
- Opening 3 new VITA sites
- Increasing total tax returns
As always, we will prioritize efforts that will have the greatest effect on taxpayers eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit, child tax credits and educational credits.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Location:Fiscal Progress 5540 Centerview Drive, Suite 200 Raleigh, NC 27606
Download the Agenda
Wake EITC Meeting 5/19/2009 Notes:
- We discussed new sites for next year, focusing on the four regional sites of the Wake County Health and Human Services: Swinbourne, Zebulon, Wake Forest, and Fuquay-Varina. The Millbrook center may also be available after hours. These sites would naturally bring in the target population as they come in for other services.
- The United Way’s Building the Triangle’s VITA Site Capacity Grant is a possible source of funds for next year. Lorraine is completing this application for us, which is due June 1st. This money will help us open the new sites and promote all sites. Other possible sources of funding for next year include the federal VITA grant (to be applied through through EITC-Carolinas) and separate funds from EITC-Carolinas.
- We brainstormed ways to recruit new volunteers that will help us increase our capacity. We can use the Triangle United Way and Wake County sites to recruit volunteers. A PSA through United Way of the Greater Triangle is also an option, as is possibly getting potential AARP volunteers who do not want to take the required intermediate certification. Americorps volunteers may be able to be used to help screen clients at the regional sites to insure they have the required paperwork and are within the scope of VITA.
- The possibility of a Super Saturday next year was discussed. Could use one of the Wake County regional centers to do this, which would also increase publicity.
- Other promotion for next year will include increasing the numbers of flyers printed from 20,000 to 30,000.