A Public Service of the Wake EITC Coalition
2013 Sponsors & Supporters
We can offer free tax preparation thanks to:
Internal Revenue Service
MDC, Inc EITC Carolinas
Wells Fargo Bank
Fifth Third Bank
Wake EITC Partners
Free Tax Sites for 2013
WCHS - Swinburne
Martin Street CDC
Wake County Human Services/Millbrook Road
St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church
Five Points Center for Active Adults
Centro Para Familias Hispañas
Tabernacle Baptist Church
Northern Wake Senior Center
Fuquay-Varina Community Center
WCHS - Eastern Regional Center
Avery St. Annex
Eastern Wake Senior Center
- NEW for 2013!
- IRS to begin accepting returns Jan. 30, 2013
- Wake EITC Coalition Sponsors its Annual Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program to Qualifying Individuals in the Wake County, North Carolina Area
- Still Time to File Taxes
- Why Raising Taxes on Working Families to Balance the Budget Shows Misguided Priorities for North Carolina
Free Income Tax Preparation by Volunteers
- Free preparation of your income tax return
- Free electronic filing of your return
- Free direct deposit of your return into your bank account(s)
- Free printed copy for your records
- Most income tax refunds are deposited in your bank account in 10 days!
Latest Announcements and Search Results:
It’s almost that time of year…tax time is just around the corner. In order to run our multiple free tax preparation sites, we must have volunteers!
No prior experience is needed to be a tax volunteer. Training will be provided online and in-person.
All of our sites throughout Wake County will need volunteer help, and are looking for volunteers. Daytime, evening, and Saturday hours are available.
Volunteers who can also speak Spanish are especially needed.
We recommend volunteers volunteer 2-4 hours a week to make it worth your time to train, though they don’t have to be the same hours each week.
If you’re interested in volunteering in Wake County, please call (919) 719-1750 or email email@example.com.
If you’re elsewhere, call the IRS at 1 (800) 829-1040 and ask about volunteering with a VITA program in your area.
If you are trying to recruit volunteer tax preparers, please be sure to go to Triangle United Way’s website www.unitedwaytriangle.org. Click on the “I want to Volunteer” button on the left margin. Then go over to the right margin and register your program so that volunteers who view opportunities will see your volunteer opportunities. If you have any additional questions, contact Stan Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org.